Tuesday, September 3, 2013

marriage!

for today's blog I want to share a poem I wrote about my relationship with my best friend and my fiance and this exciting time in our lives!!! I have translated the poem into movement and the dancers are currently working in pairs to create a beautiful piece :)

I hope individuals and couples of all ages and at all different places in their lives can take something from the poem and/or the dance piece! enjoy :)



marriage

we twirl
carefully, spontaneously.
racing minds, 
hearts intertwined. 
carry me
catch you,
belong here.

we understand
transparently, purely.
soothing words,
forgiveness deserved.
lean on me
listen to you,
discover us. 

we soar
courageously, deliriously.
beautifully high,
home's the sky.
flight with me
follow you
move as one.

we love
honestly, unconditionally,
building together,
fighting for happily ever.
accept me
adore you
adventures of our own. 

- kathleen 

2 comments:

  1. i think we can all take something away from this in our own way. i'm remembering when we all choreographed our own phrases from the first stanza. they all had commonality, but were entirely unique from one another. just like each relationship functions in its own beautiful way, but all demonstrate compassion, understanding, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first line "we twirl" that encompasses so much in a relation just those two words. The high and lows, the shifting from side to side, my side her side, the right side the wrong side. The the twirl of love making the twirl of head shaking... I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete