Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dance is food. Dance is life.

As a dancer, I realize that every dancer tries to categorize what type of dancer they are. Contemporary, jazz, tap, hip-hop are just a few genres of dance and we ask ourselves which one am I? Try something different and compare yourself to food. If my dancing were a food, it would be eggs. There are so many different ways to make them. Scrambled, over easy, sunny side up are just a few and I feel that is who I am as a dancer. All the genres of dance are a part of me and have shaped me into the dancer I am today. No need to categorize yourself. We can be any food we want to be. Most importantly, we can be any type of dancer we shape ourselves into being.

Sara

1 comment:

  1. love this! you can also be an egg yolk or an egg white, be plain or with veggies, etc.

    ReplyDelete