Thursday, June 27, 2013

CORE: Right Time, Right Place.

Yesterday marked the beginning of CORE, or CoEXISTdance Out-Reach Education. We had such a wonderful afternoon (despite the heat!) working on Ballet basics and some Modern intro.

The girls were working so hard and it was so obvious that they were really INVESTED in being there. They want this! That was a beautiful thing to see.

I was talking to my fiance last night about that peaceful feeling one experiences when you know you're just in the right place at the right time. I always feel this right- time, right-place peacefulness when we visit with our great aunt, she is overjoyed to see us, converse with us, and pass on so much wisdom to us as a growing couple.  I take comfort in thinking that I am exactly where God would like me to be at that moment, doing something positive with my heart and my mind all together.

The right-time right-place feeling almost always ignites in me when I am dancing. But yesterday was an even more overwhelming peacefulness and complete sense of purpose.  Happiness, diligence, self-worth, support, motivation, kindness seemed to all be swirling around and inside me.

I knew CORE would be something special on so many different levels. In a business sense, this could be the beginning of  whole new image for CoEXISTdance. In terms of being a leader, I am giving my dancers the opportunity to teach in a new setting and with new students. In terms of our mission statement, we are fulfilling it by bettering the community and integrating the arts somewhere new. But on an all around human level, CORE is absolutely what it is supposed to be.

I am proud to say that CORE is a complete translation of a desire I felt in my heart to serve and to do good using what I already have.  It is simple and it is good.

I am so excited to see how much the students, teachers, and myself blossom through this program.

thats all for now! thanks for reading :)

kathleen

1 comment:

  1. i had a blast yesterday too, my favorite moment was right at the beginning when we gave each student some dance clothes and new shoes. I got so excited to introduce them to dancing life!

    ReplyDelete