Thursday, June 6, 2013

Untitled

I have never interacted with such insightful and beautiful people.  Becoming a part of CoEXISTdance has been my first professional dancing experience, and I could not have started with a better company.  I was extremely nervous yet ecstatic to branch out into the dance world.  Among these ladies I never felt inadequate, but that I was part of something special in which each individual was of equal importance. 

"CoEXISTdance strives to make dance and movement accessible to people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. Ms. Glynn and her dancers work for all peoples to "coexist" and connect through dance, using movement as a unifying force.  The modern dance collective is interested in blending the "real world" with the "dance world" by introducing dance into new places and spaces.  CoEXISTdance yearns to use artistic innovations, collaborations, polished talent, and personal experiences to better the world on both an individual and a collective sense.  CoEXISTdance is an outlet for all people - dancers, audience members, collaborators, and colleagues - to feel, move, experience, reflect, and simply be."

Feeling, moving, experiencing, reflecting - BEING. Making dance accessible to EVERYONE.  Using movement as a unifying force... this is all the world needs, and all I have ever wanted for people.  Every word of this mission statement is greatly supported by the words and actions of every company member that I have worked with.  I am so thankful and touched that I was given the opportunity to dance and experience life in unity with the CoEXIST dancers, their families, loved ones, and our audience members.

Kathleen - You are a magical human being, so beautiful on the inside and out.  I immediately sensed your open mindedness and loving heart when we met at my audition.  You are constantly encouraging and challenging me to push forth through my movement, and I cannot thank you enough for that.  Your ability to sustain the role of director and friend is amazing and rare, as is your humility.  Thank you.

Whitney - You are one of the strongest people that I have come across. I have learned so much about myself from simply being in your presence. You walk through life with such grace despite your personal tribulations, silently encouraging all of us to do the same. Your intelligence, your giggle, and your movement have touched me.  Thank you.

Sara - Sara, Sara, Sara ... you must NEVER call yourself a "mediocre dancer" again, because you are nothing of the sort.  You're a beautiful dancer, and person.  Your love and appreciation of those who surround you is such a dynamic quality that you possess, which is why you sustain such strong relationships in your life.  I have enjoyed you so much and believe that your passionate personality can lead you to the stars.  Thank you.

Megan - Wow. You are one of the most genuine beings that I have known.  You are constantly progressing in your life and movement, which encourages me to challenge myself. Your honesty, purity and leadership qualities make you a very influential figure in any environment that I have seen you in.  I have discovered myself becoming more aware of my thoughts and actions in all aspects of my life because of you. The positive energy that you exude is inspiring.  Thank you.

Lauren - Your strength is phenomenal. Your mental, emotional and physical strength is phenomenal.  The dedication you have as a dancer in our world is a beauteous gift.  It is refreshing to work with such a fearless and driven artist who truly "dances her way through life." Thank you.

Antoinette - I only wish that we could have worked more together.  You are a person who does not settle, which is a rarity.  I am so happy and excited for what your future holds.  The positive attitude that you constantly share with those around you is what the world lacks, your drive to success and experience greatness is your best asset.  Thank you.

Brittany - Words cannot express how happy I am that we got to dance together again.  You are a beautiful person, one who disregards negativity.  Constant smiles and good thoughts ooze from you, and I cannot thank you enough for sharing. Thank you.


I am sharing these thoughts with each of the girls because now that I am not dancing with the company anymore, I realize how much they have influenced me.  I performed for the last time with the company at Relay for Life a couple of weeks ago - the same performance at which we began our familial relationship, one year prior.  We are all at different points in our lives, we vary in age and background yet when we come together we become an artistic family.  I will forever cherish my experience with CoEXISTdance. I have grown as a mover and an individual.  I am blessed.

Thank you and I love you all very much.

xoxo Tia Dorsey

No comments:

Post a Comment