Friday, January 25, 2013

Untitled


Did the untitled title draw you into reading this post?  I enjoy being a bit mysterious, and did not want to mislead any reader to stumble upon a blog in which they will find any specified thoughts.  I will admit, I'm quite guilty of rambling ... which may be for the better in some cases.
Prior to becoming a company member of CoEXISTdance, I was not sure what to expect of a professional company.  Not having expectations in life has done me well in many ways.  Dancing with these ladies has been quite a wonderful experience ... laughing.  There are a lot of laughs.  Laughing is my favorite (tis the secret to my somewhat flat belly).  Aside from the fun, I have been learning a lot about myself artistically and have embraced all of the movement that I've encountered during this experience.  If only I could be placed in a somewhat empty space occupied by only myself and the sounds of Zoe Keating ... here I go with the rambling.  I am recovering from having my wisdom teeth removed, and have been instructed to lay on my couch, nothing more.  Asking a dancer or artist of any sort to sit still is quite a request. Anyway, I am fascinated by how one passion can bring together so many individuals.  All of the dancers lead different lives, busy lives, yet when we come together this performance machine feels so functional.
CHOP, Relay for Life, Dance for a Cure, New York...things.  Things are good. Experience is good. Performing is good.  Bonding is great.
Every week during rehearsal, we come from living our separate lives and once rehearsal has commenced we go our separate ways. Once we were together outside of the studio we learned more about each other, and began to understand each other.  Once that began, we hit a breakthrough.  Ever since, the laughing has increased.
I can feel myself wanting to ramble again.
I believe it is my time to wrap up this post. There will be more to come.
Until then, tootles!
- Tia :)
"Dance is the hidden language of the soul and body."
- Martha Graham

 

No comments:

Post a Comment