Sunday, February 16, 2014

2014: The Year of the Blog Makeover!

Happy 2014 to our CoEXISTdance Family and Friends! One of our New Years Resolutions this year: blog, blog, blog!!! Our blog will be broken down into four major categories:

 Take 5! : This section will feature thoughts and reflections from our professional company. The CoEXISTdancers "take 5!" at rehearsal to check in with themselves, their dancing, and life!

Guest Artist Reflections (GAR) : Here we will feature our monthly Master Class teachers and guest artists. Each month, CoEXISTdance hosts a different genre of a master class for the Jr. Dance Company. In GAR we will recap the entire class experience and collect feedback from the Jr. Dancers. 

 Review: Our Review section will include audience reflections, critiques, and feedback of our performances. At our larger performances, audience members will receive a brief worksheet and/or prompt to fill out. We will use our review section to organize that information and to use it to grow artistically and professionally. 

Dancer of the Month: Each month, CoEXISTdance will highlight one Jr. CoEXISTdancer who is doing an exceptional job. The Dancer of the Month will be chosen based on rehearsal and master class attendance, taking initiative, professionalism, and clear improvement. We will publish a brief interview and picture each month of our featured dancer. 

We are so excited for all of these changes and we hope to expand our following as these four sections start to publish. We welcome any comments, likes, sharing, or feedback at any time! You will see blogs from us weekly so keep checking back often! 

While I am writing, I also wanted to let everyone know about our ...
Upcoming Spring Events!

1. World Dance Day: Sunday, April 27th 
@ The Piazza at Schmidt's in Northern Liberties, Philadelphia, PA
FREE EVENT!!

2. Relay for Life: Friday, May 30th
@ Amosland Park in Norwood, PA
Another FREE Event to benefit the American Cancer Society

3. CoEXIST Celebrates Five: A Performance Celebration of our 5th Anniversary
@ Act II Playhouse in Ambler, PA
Admission: $20.00

So, in the spirit of starting new and challenging things, the professional dancers used their "Take 5!" to reflect on their hopes, resolutions, and goals for 2014 :) Enjoy some of their thoughts below....

"The last thing I made was very personal-I made myself be brave. I’ve been wanting to try to apply the concepts from that to a group but I have no…and I mean zero…idea what that looks like.
I’m trying to follow my instinct."
 - Megan

"A tree grows in all directions: widening, losing limbs, changing leaves, intertwining with vines and branches, deepening roots into the ground. I’m looking for new ways of expanding and refining the smaller details that can get lost in the growth of the entire forest."
-Whitney 

"Nothing made me feel more like a dancer than being in class and just wanting to learn everything from the person who inspired me. I may not find out exactly who I am, but this should bring me closer to becoming more comfortable in my own skin."
- Kelsey

"I am excited about dancing with CoEXIST for my 1st season. I really want to enjoy moving for myself."
- Sam

"Another year older, another year wiser. During dance I do not feel my age, dance has no age to it."
- Sean

"If the opportunity is available, try dancing in a different location. Introducing ourselves to new styles, classes, auditions, dancers, and choreographers from all types of locations helps us to shape ourselves into smart, diverse dancers."
- Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment