Friday, March 28, 2014

Rush, Bounce, Jab, Rotate - choreograph a dance and show me =)

With having over 30 classes to choreograph for I always try to find different ways to be unique and inspired. For example, for "Chorus Line" - "what I did for love" I took the words being yelled out at the audition in the movie, wrote them down and made movement from there. It turned out beautifully!

In rehearsal Kathleen had us make movement from 4 words - rush, bounce, jab, rotate. To remember what I did for next week I'm writing down my steps which is sometimes not helpful because you won't remember what a certain word translates to in movement. Dance is universal & art can be interpreted in a vast variety of ways. 

Here's a chance to make your own dance to your own music interpreting these steps! Feel free to post or send me a video! FB Page, Instagram, twitter, Any way & I'll post them all together on my youtube channel. Here are the steps!

Start on floor, facing front on your right side curled in. Quickly walk around to face the back while still staying in your side. Slap floor with left hand. Bicycle legs twice. Switch to face front again.

Push up on left elbow, up on hand, back down to elbow and all the way down. Jump feet in to face left twice. Jump up to standing.

Right elbow hits side, repeat w/ left, right elbow again into a right pencil turn. Arms up to jump vertically, drop, both arms back to come front & fall back

Take 2 steps back.

Step out on right, head roll right, body roll around keep legs straight, left had pushes right elbow up as right arm threads through and straight up. Drop left arm and bring feet together.

"Release your brilliantly creative self!"

Much Love, 
Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment